SEPA (or Single Euro Payment Area) enables everyone in Europe to pay easily with uniform payment methods: card, transfer and direct debit.
Especially direct debit is interesting in the context of Akti, because if you have a SEPA mandate whereby your client agrees that you can direct debit your invoices, you can guarantee the payment date of your invoices. To make use of the SEPA direct debit, you first have to set up some settings in your Akti account correctly.
1. Go to the Invoicing module and click on Settings Invoices Settings.
2. In the screen that opens, go to the advanced settings and select "SEPA" at the bottom. In the menu that opens afterwards you can click "Activate SEPA".
3. After this has been done, you can fill in all additional data to create SEPA mandates correctly. Some important things to know are:
- You cannot fill in spaces for the fields BIC Code and IBAN.
- Your company ID is your company number.
- The Company ID - Authority is determined per country. For Belgium, you must fill in KBO-BCE.
- SEPA creditor ID: this can be obtained from your bank.
- Prefix and number of digits: these fields are free and will determine the structure of the numbering of your SEPA mandates. Once you have saved the page, you will see a preview of the numbering just below these fields.
4. After this information is completed and saved, you can start creating SEPA mandates as described here.